Jacksoft's Zone! Forum

Beta release will be delayed, "When it's done"

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 18/2/2014, 17:39

Group:
Administrator

In short time I could had released the Beta version of Project Dream, but there was a BIG problem.
In fact just this morning I've thinked about the opening of the "traduction project" with it's release, when...
Many years ago I had a problem with the "beta" symbol (β) with an old dll that in the time was replaced and I just remembered why: No Unicode support.
Since the PD was written entirely in MDX, and MDX is know that works also on Windows 98/2000, I just discovered that the 80% of the script COULD BE potentially unicode NON COMPATIBLE!
I just created a fake language file with some random unicode texts found on internet (thai, japanese, russian, korean) and replaced random words to check the problem, and... In fact where is made with MDX is all "??????"!!!
Sigh, this mean that I need to REWROTE many of the UI from MDX to DCX and this probably will need su MUCH time. First for rewrite, after to test the stability.

I hope I'll convert and test all in some weeks. Sorry for the delay, but it's necessary. :(

Attached Image: MDX doesn't support Unicode

MDX doesn't support Unicode

Web  Top
view post Posted on 21/2/2014, 00:28

Group:
Administrator

I had converted two or three tools, plus the main UI. I have some things to fix but it's going well. I'm also removing all the unnecessary old MDX code and testing on my main IRC Client.
I hope to find all the time I need to convert and test it all to release as soon as I can... :/

:)

Attached Image: Unicode right supported.

Unicode right supported.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 24/2/2014, 00:28

Group:
Administrator

The conversion is completed. I'm testing if is all ok! ;)

Web  Top
2 replies since 18/2/2014, 17:39   68 views